Director of Music Ministries Job Description (September 2022)
The Hudson Evangelical Presbyterian Church is looking for a Director of Music Ministries, who is a committed follower of our Lord Jesus, is passionate about Worship Music, and desires to lead our Church family in worship and Praise of the Lord. We as a Church desire to be known as a place where people come to Know Jesus, Serve Jesus, and to Bring Others to Jesus, and value music as a gift from the Lord to help us achieve these areas of our Vision.
Professional / Religious Experience and Education:
• Prior Professional experience in leading Worship Music at a Church (minimum of 2 years)
• Experience in Directing Vocal Music
• Preferred Degree in Music Education or a similar Music Degree (or working toward a degree)
• Able to Affirm the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Essentials (on page 2)
• Skilled in leading musical worship with adult and children’s Choirs
• Must be able to sing and teach musical parts effectively.
• Encourage Musical Talents within the Church Family
• Creativity in working with the Pastor to use the arts to enhance Biblical Message
• Ability to play the Piano and the organ
• Strong preference for candidates able to lead music worship through other musical instruments
• Bell Choir experience preferred
• This is a part time position of approximately 15 to 20 hours weekly which includes leading of Worship Music (including special services, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter etc.), worship preparation, weekly Choir rehearsals, and two monthly staff meetings)
• The Director of Music Ministries is responsible for the music program of the Church, which includes oversight of the Music, in conjunction with the Pastor, of our weekly Worship services. The Director works directly with our Adult and Children’s Choir, and has oversight of our other Music Ministries, including our Bell Choir, Accompanists, and all musical instruments of the Music Ministry, and the Music Ministry Budget. The Director of Music Ministries reports to the Pastor and works with the Worship Committee.
• Integrity • Planning and organization
• Interpersonal Communication • Group/team leadership
• Organizational Sensitivity • High work standards
Director of Music Ministries Approximate hours:
• Worship Planning – 3 to 4 hours, Rehearsals (Adult/Children) – 6 to 8 hours, Sunday mornings – 4 hours, Staff/recruiting – 2 hours, Other – 3 to 5 hours
Interested Applicants: Please email your resume detailing your experience to:
THE ESSENTIALS OF OUR FAITH
• All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
• We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory, and praise forever!
• Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
• The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers, and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
• Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
• The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
• Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)
• The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)