To potential candidates:
The congregation of Hudson Presbyterian Church is looking to fill the position of Senior Pastor. The church is situated in Hudson, Ohio, a suburban community within the Akron and Cleveland metropolitan area. The city of Hudson is a population of highly educated individuals with 73% of adults having completed four or more years of college. In addition, the Hudson City School District is an excellent school system which is ranked in the top three districts in the state of Ohio. The historic, vibrant downtown area features a blend of national chains, unique locally owned shops, and award-winning restaurants. Hudson is also a short distance from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and in close proximity to other local/county parks with many hiking and biking opportunities.
Hudson Presbyterian Church is church with approximately 125 members. Over half of the membership at HPC has been a member for ten or more years, with half of the congregation aged 65 or older. The church is highly committed to Bible-based preaching and teaching, and has an active deacon ministry that ministers well to the needs of the congregation.
The ideal Senior Pastor will meet the character qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1st Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9. That person will serve alongside the Elders, with staff and the Assistant Pastor, to lead the church to fulfill our Vision, Mission, and Beliefs. He or she will:
- Model a growing, vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- Be ordained, or ordainable, in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Reformed Theology & Presbyterian Polity).
- Have a Masters of Divinity degree or equivalent from an accredited, theologically-aligned seminary with formal education in biblical languages.
- Be a Gospel-centered expositor of Scripture in the content of his preaching and teaching.
- Have a shepherd’s heart and cultivate relationships to make disciples.
- Be a pastor/teacher with a minimum of 7- 10 years of ministry and life experience, with a minimum of 5-7 as a Sr. Pastor including staff oversight. This individual will have demonstrated growth of leadership effectiveness and outcome.
- Hold an egalitarian position on the ordination of women.
- Support a biblical view of marriage.
The Senior pastor of HPC will spend a majority of his time, focus, and energy on preaching, teaching, and leadership development. He or she will create a culture of disciples who make disciples which will pervade every aspect of our congregational life. From a heart for knowing God personally and serving Him wholeheartedly, our pastor will engage the staff, the church, and the community with the Good News of Jesus Christ. She or he will prayerfully:
- Work with our worship team to develop and deliver weekly and seasonal worship services in a traditional format that has some blended elements.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sermons that are relevant, uncompromising, and true to Scripture.
- Serve as the Lead for preaching in a role that has support from an unpaid teaching elder responsible for discipleship.
- Maintain a missional focus for the church.
- Work with Deacons to provide congregational care.
- Disciple and develop staff and church leaders, growing the quality and capacity of their service, as well as identify new leaders within the church.
- Work with Session, staff, and lay leadership to implement strategies necessary to align our ministry to the Vision, Mission and Core Beliefs of the church in a manner that bears the fruit of mature disciples.
- Work with Session, staff and church leadership to develop a mission-driven annual plan and budget.
- Work with Session on adding a contemporary service.
- Maintain personal accountability to an accountability partner(s) as well as to the Session of the church.
We hope you will give this position your prayerful consideration.
Interested applicants should fill out the EPC's personal information form and submit to:
Committee Chair: Jon Polhamus